Monday, September 11, 2006

My 9/11 post

There's going to be a lot of TV shows, radio broadcasts, and blog posts dedicated to the 5th anniversary of 9/11 today. This blog post is one of them.

When I first saw the event take place at the time, my first inspiration was to make an animated film about it. I was just starting my second year of animation school at the time so I had the facilities as well as a relative ability to do so. So that's exactly what I did inbetween school assignments. By the summer of 2002 it was done.

The film I made resembled a commercial for an upcoming sitcom for NBC called Who's the Shah? starring Osama bin Laden, Aman al-Zawahiri, and of course Conrad Bain as Mr. Drummond who adopts them. I would love to put a copy of this film online so that I could link it to this blog and show it to the world. I especially would have loved to do that today for sure. Unfortunately, the file is corrupt or invalid somehow. Oh well, I know of another occasion coming up down the road where I could post it. Hopefully I can find a way to uncorrupt my film and get it online for all you good people. But for now, I'll have to leave you with this graphic. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment